Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Thing from King's Head

I am a bit more lucid now than I have been.

I cannot say much about it at the moment, but suffice it to say that Jeanette and company saved me from a very bad place where very bad things were done to me.  They were preparing me to meet that...thing...for the last time when I was rescued.

I suppose I should give some explanation.

Ace's men found me, first.  They took me to see the Death of Hope.

That is what I think the best name for it is.  Because that's what it is, the thing that was trapped in my brother's head.  The thing that is now growing from his corpse.  Using my brother's mortal form for its own purposes and leaking, bursting from it like the still-gorging larva of a parasitic wasp.

It takes people and it...it removes all they are and all they will ever be.  It takes all of their potential, everything they could have been, and devours it.  That's how it makes those things with dead eyes that used to be men.  They are people from which everything has been taken--every semblance of who they were, every part of what they could have been, devoured by the Death of Hope.

I do not know what it is.  I do not know if "Fear" is an adequate descriptor.  It is a glutton.  A monster with an endless appetite.

I have seen it rather close, a few times.  It is...I believe it is injured.  Hurt in some way.  Perhaps this is not what it is supposed to be.  Perhaps it is trying to devour as much hope as it can so it can be whole.

I do not know.  But I know this much.  We cannot let it become such, if that is the case.

I do not know how we will destroy it, but we must.  It is well guarded--Ace has his entire, inexplicable private army guarding the compound it's in.  He thinks he can control it, somehow.  Reason with it, or, at the very least, be its principle agent.  I do not believe he truly understands what it is.

If anyone out there can help us, anyone at all, we will need help.  Jeanette, I believe, is planning on saying something "officially" on her blog later in the week.

We cannot allow this thing to live.

Help us take from it what it took from my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment